The Holy Spirit | Week 15
You were BOUGHT —Jesus paid for your release from slavery to sin.
· Jesus’ death made your release possible (a possibility for all).
John 3:16 God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
1 Timothy 2:6 Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 You are not your own—bought at a price.
Acts 20:28 God purchased you with His own blood.
How do we receive our release from the penalty of sin?
· We hear the what the scripture says Jesus did for us.
· We believe what the scripture says Jesus did for us.
· We receive by faith what the scripture says Jesus did for us.
Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
You were SET FREE, MADE NEW and MOVED
Colossians 1:13-14 He has delivered (snatched away) us from the power of darkness and conveyed (transferred; changed position) us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
Titus 3:5 He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Ephesians 2:1-6 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body
Now you can be EMPOWERED TO FULFILL YOUR PURPOSE
Luke 24:45-49 He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures. 46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things. 49 I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”
Acts 1:4-8 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; 5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” 6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
· We weren’t bought, made new and moved, so we could just sit in church and wait for heaven.
· We weren’t saved to sit—we were saved to serve—to fulfill an assignment, a purpose—that what the Promise is for!
Receive the Promise
All four Gospels record John the Baptist speaking of Jesus as the One who will “baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”
· The Baptism with the Holy Spirit is for you today. Jesus is here tonight to do what He promised He would do—fill you with the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:1-4 (NKJV) When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place (about 120, including Mary the mother of Jesus). 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
BOUGHT—SET FREE—MADE NEW—EMPOWERED FOR A PURPOSE
Luke 11:13 (NKJV) If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
How do we receive the Promise of the Holy Spirit?
· We hear the what the scripture says about the Holy Spirit.
· We believe what the scripture says about the Holy Spirit.
· We receive by faith what the scripture says about the Holy Spirit.
What can you expect?
You can expect to receive:
New Revelation—Power to see what others can’t see
New Courage—Power to say what others won’t say.
New Wisdom—Power to know what others can’t know.
New Boldness—Power to do what others won’t do.
New Strength—Power to be all that God has called you to be.
New Prayer Language—able to pray the perfect prayer to God; able to build yourself up in your most holy faith
I want to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
· I have heard what the bible says about the Holy Spirit
· I believe what the bible says about the Holy Spirit.
· Tonight, I believe I will receive the Promise of the Holy Spirit just like in the book of Acts.
· Tonight, I believe I will receive new revelation, courage, wisdom, boldness, strength and my prayer language.
Hold out your hands as if you are receiving something from God.
Jesus, I ask you to fill me with your Holy Spirit.
· From the top of my head to the soles of my feet, I ask for your power and presence to invade every fiber of my being.
· Lord, I thank you that I am now filled with Your Holy Spirit—In the Name of Jesus.