My Money | More than Money
Genesis 8:22—“While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease.”
Mark 4:26-27—And He said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground, 27 and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how.
Galatians 6:7—Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
Luke 6:38—“Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
How we see determines what we see—different perspective/more information.
· If we see giving as just about money, we are not seeing it right.
· If we see giving as just about you losing something, we are not seeing right.
Present day activity in anticipation of a future event.
Luke 6:38 (27-38)—Whatever you give THAT will be given back to you.
Credit: reward that appropriately compensates an action.
Example: What can you give to others? Patience, Understanding, Mercy, Forgiveness, Grace
· What you chose to withhold, you give the opposite.
· Galatians 6:7—Whatsoever a man sows that will he also reap.
God’s economy is bigger than money, but withholding our money is a sign we are withholding in other areas as well.
Reward: apodídōmi—to return (payment), to give back; to give what is due.
Openly: phaneros—Conspicuous, apparent, manifest, evident, plain, clear, open to plain sight.
God rewards you openly on purpose—so others can see what God has done.
Giving is an all-encompassing insurance policy that prepares and protects your future.
Giving creates a living billboard with an advertisement for the faithfulness and goodness of God.
· Romans 2:4—the goodness of God leads men to repentance.
· When we think and do the complete opposite of EVERYONE ELSE, we are going to stand out when you still come out on top.
Giving is God’s secret weapon for making a difference, for changing the hearts of men, for showing the world who He is and His heart for the world.